[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-cmm.343.mcz

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Sun Feb 14 21:46:28 UTC 2010

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010, Tobias Pape wrote:

> Hello,
> Am 2010-02-14 um 17:13 schrieb commits at source.squeak.org:
>
>> Chris Muller uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Morphic-cmm.343.mcz

>> Name: Morphic-cmm.343
>> Author: cmm
>> Time: 13 February 2010, 8:56:41.124 pm
>> UUID: d7f2b1b3-cc0d-48b8-8aeb-c29d9abbddba
>> Ancestors: Morphic-cmm.342
>>
>> - Tools enhancement:  before opening a new window on a Model, first check whether an existing window on the desktop can fulfill the role and, if so, bring it to the top.
>
> This one upsets me.
> It reminds me of this mercury bar for omnibrowser
> that uses the existing browser to show the results of the contents.
> Do I have to expect similar behaviour? Like, Two browse-its for
> a class would result in only one window? This would severely
> impact my workflow.

seems to only affect opening of the MC browser (i.e. if you have one
already open, if will raise the window and not open a new one, but you
will get N class browsers as before). I can't think of a good reason to
have more than one MC browser open right now, but I can't think of a good
reason why opening MC should behave differently than opening the rest of
the tools either. This is a weird change and I vote against it.

rado