[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Collections-ar.307.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Feb 15 13:21:51 UTC 2010

On 15.02.2010, at 07:19, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez wrote:
>
>> Who decides to simply merge it in another package that it is big enough,
>> but not loadable separately (yes, I know that maybe is impossible to
>> separate collections and maybe also pointless because of their core
>> nature)?
>
> We decide. In other words, the people participating in the discussion and doing the work decide. This is a "soft" process that comes with some judgment, yes.

To be more precise, "we" are the core developers. Every core developer has commit access to the trunk repo. We trust each other's judgement. So far this seems to be working well, certainly better than any other community process after the Squeak Central days.

Btw, you can see the list of core-devs by clicking "Groups" at
http://source.squeak.org/

- Bert -