Hi Chris, stop messing with the windows please (was Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-cmm.344.mcz)

Derek O'Connell doconnel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 10:22:13 UTC 2010

My 2p's worth...

+1 for tabbed browsing plus a browser-like history would be great.

I often have to sideline one issue to deal with another, usually
recursively, but don't like to close or reuse any browsers/ workspaces/
inspectors/ etc associated with a particular issue. In these cases if
windows of any type could be arbitrarily grouped and min/max'ed as a
group then dealing with the natural recursion that happens during
development would be a lot less painful. In the past I used projects for
this purpose but they tend to proliferate quickly and the "project"
concept does not fit well when there is really only one project on the
go. Another problem with projects is rearranging their hierarchy was
never easy.

PS: whatever happened to Whisker Browser?

-D

On 16/02/2010 04:22, Eric Gillespie wrote:
> Long post, bear with me on this one.

(... long post thoughtlessly and severely chopped, sorry! ...)