[squeak-dev] Re: [Cuis] FFI problem with ExternalAddress

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Feb 16 20:54:11 UTC 2010

Phil (list) wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2010, at 2:14 PM, Juan Vuletich wrote:
>

>> Phil, I believe you are the first to try FFI on Cuis. It is good to
>> know that it is almost running! Please keep us posted on your progress.
>>

> First! :-)  Seriously, I've been really enjoying working with Cuis and
> the thought you've put into what is, and is not, in it.  The good news
> is that I've got some basic OpenGL immediate mode code working
> (validating at least the function call portion of FFI) and now I'm
> working on retained mode which is where I ran into the external memory
> issue.

Cool! Please consider making this work available for others to use. I'd
be delighted to host optional packages or code for Cuis just like this.

> I'm starting to assemble a list of a few fixes and minor issues I've
> been running into in a variety of areas (mostly trivial fixes: a minor
> missing method here and there, modifying a couple of lines of code in
> an existing method, etc.) as I'd guess that I'm exercising a lot of
> functionality that is probably not mainstream.... do you have any
> preference on how you'd like things like that proposed/communicated?
> (i.e. post to this list for discussion, email you changesets w/ notes,
> or by some other means?)

Please email them to me, to avoid abusing squeak-dev. Unless others
prefer public discussion of such details here, I'm ok with that too.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich