[squeak-dev] Re: a little more due process

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 17 01:14:31 UTC 2010

> Miguel> 16:58:07 <RandalSchwartz> at some point, it's a
> dictatorship.  perhaps
> Miguel> you never liked that.
>
> With the key context there being "at some point".
>
> As in, "the buck stops here".
>
> There can be endless discussion on subjects in squeak-dev, but if
> there's

Oh how I would have wished for endless discussions BEFORE making
authoritarian decisions.

> no resolution, it's up to the board to *choose*.  That's why you elect
> a board... to *govern*.

It is an "OVERSIGHT" board!

That's why you need your terms of reference, to stop you acting like a
government, you were not elected to govern but to oversee.

You previously endorsed a release team to make governing decisions
about the release. Putting the board in competition with the release
team was a very dumb idea. Making decisions about the release without
considering the release team or using the media chosen by the release
team was also a bad idea.

There were considered reasons why the release team was working the way
it was, and you decided to ignore them all because you apparently
"knew better". What utter arrogance.

Keith