[squeak-dev] a little more due process

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 05:47:14 UTC 2010

On 17 February 2010 07:37, Ken G. Brown <kbrown at mac.com> wrote:
> At 10:47 PM -0500 2/16/10, David T. Lewis apparently wrote:
>>On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 08:41:22PM +0000, keith wrote:
>>>
>>> I put 3 years into THIS goal with the board's approval, and you
>>> scuppered me without a second thought because you were too impatient
>>> to even email me to ask how far away a release would be, and now you
>>> tell ME to be patient!!!!
>>
>>Hmm... I remember back when the alleged injustices were supposedly being
>>perpetrated, I took a look at the archives of the release team mailing
>>list. Big surprise - what Keith is saying is total nonsense. The board
>>pinged the release team on several occasions with no apparent response.
>>Nothing was getting delivered, no timeline was available, and there was
>>no indication that another three years would not go by without any
>>results.
>>
>>I also took a look at Keith's actual work as it related to bugs that
>>I was personally familiar with on Mantis. Big surprise - things labeled
>>as "fixes" that were not fixes, things tagged for inclusion in the
>>mythical "new release" that could not possible work. Hmmm... this does
>>not smell right.
>>
>>So from my point of view what I see is:
>>  - Lots of fancy talk about fictious deliverables
>>  - No actual deliverables
>>  - Excuses about why nothing gets done
>>  - Scapegoats who are at fault for the failure to deliver whatever it
>>    was that was almost ready to be finished real soon now if only people
>>    were enlightened enough to appreciate it
>>  - Sloppy work, full of errors, incomplete, undocumented
>>
>>In a word: bullshit.
>>
>>My comments are directed specifically towards Keith, and are not intended
>>to reflect negatively on the actual 3.11 release team leader, who AFAIK
>>has been consistently positive and constructive.
>>
>>Dave
>
> It is apparent to me that you have no real understanding of what Keith has been talking about and have made no effort in that regard.

And so, many others. Most people don't care about things which not in
closest circle of their interest. In this situation, it is not a
wonder , that there are few people who understanding what Keith says.
Giving people a working solution would be much better choice, rather
than repeating oneself again and again in a long and fluent emails,
which nobody reads.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.