[squeak-dev] I Want Keith Hodges Banned

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 19:47:32 UTC 2010

Ken,

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Ken G. Brown <kbrown at mac.com> wrote:
> It certainly isn't. If you will check your 'who said what, I believe you will find:
>
> it wasn't Keith calling Germans Dictators,
>
> Keith said:
> "In case you were not aware, some current board members believe that this is a dictatorship and that this is how things are supposed to be run."
>
> It was Randal Schwartz, a board member, stating on #squeak irc that:
> "16:58:07 <RandalSchwartz> at some point, it's a dictatorship.  perhaps you never liked that."

I guess that's not the incident that was referred to. More likely,
it'll have been this one (just for the record):

-----
To the board:

~ Fascism is not defined by the number of its victims, but by the way
it kills them. - Satre

regards

victim number 2
-----

... as of January 23rd. I would not have referred to the incident as
"obscene", had I not remembered it.

It is correct that Keith did not directly call any German a dictator
in that message. The reference was thus not accurate, but you cannot
deny such things have been said.

Best,

Michael