[squeak-dev] Re: Board 2010 who and for what ? (Re: Supporting releases (Re: I Want Keith...)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Feb 18 06:37:13 UTC 2010

On 2/18/10 3:26 AM, "Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> That's because we do it
> reasonably often (every 6 months), reasonably quickly (2 weeks) and
> hopefully automated to some extent. Spending two weeks every six months
> to look through Mantis to see what fixes might help an existing release
> is time well spent for people using a Squeak release for their own work.
 Ok
> Mentioning 3.10.3 was intended as a test bed for the process. Kinda like
> saying, okay let's just go over Mantis, select fixes that are important,
> package them, ship them as 3.10.3. Since we need to start the process
> somewhere we might as well start it with 3.10. It would teach us
> something about the process.

Also Ok.
Suppose you have some elaborated about, like to know

> Yes, we talked about it in the board meeting today and I've been tasked
> to write something up about it.

Ok.
The thing is some here in the Far South go to Pharo because they want some
money for his Squeak time.
And they said Trunk as is now is useless.
Remember many don't have 'my bad' English for send mails here.

> To be clear, I don't want to be a CEO. I'm not sure if you know what
> that *actually* implies;

Maybe not CEO .
How about Boss who Cares ?
> I've done the job

And only one Birmingham citizen don't agree

Cheers

Edgar