[squeak-dev] Re: Board 2010 who and for what ? (Re: Supporting releases (Re: I Want Keith...)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Feb 18 08:13:54 UTC 2010

On 18.02.2010, at 06:26, Andreas Raab wrote:

> The board itself is truly a board of equals, great and wonderful personalities who I am proud to associate with. There is only one person who I'd say does significantly more than anyone else, and that's Ken. Ken has been by far the biggest surprise to me - he is truly the secretary, keeping everything together, making sure we have an agenda, making sure we post the summary, nagging people where necessary, keeping the communications going, etc.
>
> That Ken isn't running again is a *huge* loss for the next board, much larger than my absence could ever be. If you have any influence on his decisions (heck even if not!) send him a note to reconsider, *beg* him if you must. And I apologize to Ken for putting you on the stand here but I really, really, really like you to reconsider :-)
>
> Cheers,
>  - Andreas

Seconded. And besides the work on the Board, Ken kept our servers running almost all by himself in the past years, without making any fuzz about it. Bet many people don't even know.

Ken, if you would not have to do any more box admin work, would you consider running again? Please?

All: who would volunteer to take over some of the admin tasks? I promise to put in some of my own time into this, too.

- Bert -