[squeak-dev] Is IRC channel crashed?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Feb 18 23:25:52 UTC 2010

I can't find any reason for this.  After the recent server migration and
related perhaps to some serious spam problems we were having at the time
the channel was reinstated with a 'quiet mode' that did require you to
be registered.  But some time ago when I realized what was going on I
disabled that and I've checked and I can see no reason you can't speak.

The only possibility I can find is that if you have not actually joined
the channel, you can't send messages to the channel.  This is standard
anti-spam stuff and is true for most channels as far as I'm aware.  Be
sure you have actually joined the channel.  Again, to repeat, we do not
require you to be registered to speak, at least not intentionally.

Ken