[squeak-dev] Re: Towards a Trunk Release [help needed]

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Feb 20 06:17:58 UTC 2010

Ken G. Brown wrote:
> Whatever you call the trunk release, in my opinion it should not be called 3.11. There is too much out there already talking about 3.11 and it's history, and if you call the proposed trunk release 3.11, there will continue to be confusion generated far into the future.

I think this is good advise and there is precedent for such an approach.
  3.3 was never finalized and we went from 3.2 to 3.4 so going from 3.10
to 3.12 wouldn't be such a big deal. We'll have to discuss this at the
next board meeting but from what I see in the responses it looks like
there's support for your proposal.

Cheers,
   - Andreas