[squeak-dev] OpenCL bindings for Squeak

Josh Gargus josh at schwa.ca
Sat Feb 20 22:09:12 UTC 2010

On Feb 20, 2010, at 4:28 AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 20 February 2010 13:56, Josh Gargus <josh at schwa.ca> wrote:
>> For the last month or so, I've been working on some OpenCL bindings for Squeak.  I now have something that's worth showing to people.
>>
>> The code is on Squeak source at:
>>        http://www.squeaksource.com/OpenCL.html
>>
>> and some rudimentary installation and usage documentation is at:
>>        https://sites.google.com/site/schwaj/home/opencl-binding-for-squeak
>>
>> I'll write more over the weekend (hopefully in response to questions and comments), but now it's time for bed.
>>
> Cool stuff!
> I never get my hands to GPU programming.. used OpenGL mostly.

Me too, although I've been reading quite a few academic papers recently, so I have some idea about how folks are using GPGPU, at least in the realm of computer graphics.

I've tried to get into it a few times before, but I end up not having fun spending my free time in C++.  Finally I bit the bullet and did this.

Speaking of OpenGL, one thing that's missing is the ability to share data between OpenGL and OpenCL.  C APIs exists for this, but I haven't integrated them yet.

Cheers,
Josh