[squeak-dev] Towards a Trunk Release [help needed]

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 22:58:32 UTC 2010

> This is part two of two about upcoming releases. Besides the 4.0 release we
> need to get ready for a release from the trunk. If you look at rather long
> list of improvements this is a good time to get a release out.

Yes, but there are still some basic things we should try to fix
shouldn't we?  For example, it's hard to imagine putting out something
called anything other than "alpha" with the TextEditor home / end keys
are not working properly.  Things like this are too low-level to allow
into a final release because people have a connection to software
through their mouse, keyboard, and have expectations for certain keys
to behave in the normal ways.

If it were the backspace key, I'm sure we wouldn't release.  To me the
home and end keys are right up there..