[squeak-dev] [Ann] [Cuis] Cuis 2.2 released

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 24 17:40:46 UTC 2010

On 24 Feb 2010, at 14:32, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 24 February 2010 16:07, Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Cuis 2.2 is out, as usual, at www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html.
>> From the
>> release notes:
>>
>> New in Cuis 2.2
>> - Better default and min annotationPaneHeight
>> - A fix for ScannerTest
>> - Simplification of MessageTally
>> - Removal of MethodFinder, ImageSegment, OldSocket, GIFReadWriter,
>> LimitingLineStreamWrapper
>
> Cool. :)

Yes indeed,

Juan, please could you at least, as a minimum, include something to
handle a script from the command line. I have provided LaunchScript as
a throwaway solution that uses the old startup mechanism. (my builds
soon replace it with StartUpManager1.0)

You can obtain it via: #> bzr branch lp:~smalltalkers/cuis/release

Secondly the Object-systemNavigation ^ Smalltalk would be useful.

And thirdly some mechanism that would work in all forks to obtain
either Smalltalk or SmalltalkImage current.
Perhaps via:

anObject class environment systemImage

I will be working on the bazaar based build system for a bit, it is
really working well for me. In the next few days, if I can work out
how to implement configurations, I think it will be good enough to be
a kernel contribution process, and image builder, for all forks
simultaneously! Something that Mr Cellier would like I hope. Once this
process is in place you guys will need someone to volunteer to be a
"cross fork czar", if it is going to be of much ongoing use.

off to download Cuis2.2 !

regards

Keith