[squeak-dev] Re: Installer vs. CodeLoader

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Feb 25 13:32:50 UTC 2010

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> Levente already stated he preferred Installer. So with me that's 2:1 against extending CodeLoader. Any other opinions either way?

+1 for Installer. The purpose of CodeLoader is to load code in an
application, thus signatures, verification etc. Let's use the right tool
for the right job - CodeLoader was specifically designed to support
(Etoys) projects in browsers, Installer specifically to load arbitrary
code from arbitrary places during development.

Cheers,
   - Andreas