[squeak-dev] I'll run for board

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 04:53:43 UTC 2010

I wasn't planning on running for board this year, but if Jecel
is willing to do it, busy as he is, I will too.

I fell away from the squeak community pretty badly in 2009, due
to leaving home, starting grad school, and moving to the Cobalt
project. I am now one of the two lead programmers on Cobalt.
Since November 2009, I have been working with Andreas to rebase
cobalt from its legacy 3.8 image base to the current trunk
image. I intend to complete that rebase and I would like for
Cobalt to be a testbed to gain practical experience on how to
package a complex application for loading into squeak. It's big
enough and different enough that it would be a good stress test
for Metacello, but not as deeply integrated as Etoys. Hopefully
the experience can be useful for future mergers with Pharo,
Cuis, or Etoys.

I will not have much time to dedicate to squeak this next year.
I would primarily like to serve as a Cobalt representative on
the board, and to help the merge go smoothly.

Regarding the release, I back Andreas and Randal fully. I'm
sorry 3.11 didn't go so well and am grateful they were able to
revive the community. Thanks guys for doing what I failed to do
with 3.11: get people involved.

--
Matthew Fulmer (a.k.a. Tapple)