[squeak-dev] Re: Updated trunk image (Squeak3.11-8720-alpha.zip)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Jan 2 21:45:54 UTC 2010

Vaidotas Didžbalis wrote:
> next try please, it fails

Hold on. Your debug log shows that you were trying to run the unload
again after it previously failed. This won't work because some methods
are already unloaded. If the unload doesn't complete you'll have to quit
the image and try again from a functioning state (and that's also one of
the many reasons why shrinking is in general inferior to building things
up from first principles). In this case you'll have to go back to a
functioning state first, then apply the patch that I sent to you and
then try the unload again.

Cheers,
   - Andreas