[squeak-dev] Pass C string into Squeak

Ang BeePeng beepeng86 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 7 06:14:21 UTC 2010

Hi all.

Thanks for all the helps.

I saw this function ffiReturnCStringFrom(), there is this "classString" you
guys mention.

Is it true that recent version of Squeak, function
instantiateClassindexableSize() can be access through
interpreterProxy->instantiateClassindexableSize() in some cases, in plugins
I believe. Therefore, if I'm working with numbered primitive for example, I
won't need to use interpreterProxy->instantiateClassindexableSize() (and the
same to similar functions).

Say if I want returnCStringFrom() as a numbered primitive in my system, any
advice?

instantiateClassindexableSize(classPointer, size) takes arguments
classPointer and size. In older Squeak, eg. splObj(6) is used as argument
for classPointer. splObj() return an object? or class?

Sorry for the mess.

Thank you so much.

Ang Beepeng