[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Collections-ar.275.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jan 8 14:01:38 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 08:04:01AM +0000, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
> Andreas Raab uploaded a new version of Collections to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Collections-ar.275.mcz

> Name: Collections-ar.275
> Author: ar
> Time: 8 January 2010, 9:03:46 am
> UUID: 4eec6753-6711-094f-8a81-01f191056c76
> Ancestors: Collections-nice.274
>
> Preserve findElementOrNil: for compatibility with external packages (i.e., extension methods in Dictionary etc).
>
> =============== Diff against Collections-nice.274 ===============
>
> Item was added:
> + ----- Method: HashedCollection>>findElementOrNil: (in category 'compatibility') -----
> + findElementOrNil: anObject
> + 	"This method has been superseeded by #scanFor:
> + 	It is here for compatibility with external packages only."
> + 	^self scanFor: anObject!

I'm curious which external package is affected by this? I found
the same issue in working with SystemTracer, and had been wondering
if it might be a good idea to put #findElementOrNil: back in the
image for compatibility (so thanks).

Similarly, SystemTracer also called #fullCheck. Should this be
put back in the image as a no-op for compatibility, or is it
just a SystemTracer oddity?

(btw, my project for this weekend is to get SystemTracer working
on little endian boxes so I can actually use it on my PC.)

Dave