[squeak-dev] In 8864 Trying to get recent changes hangs.

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 13 16:17:36 UTC 2010

Hi all,

After blowing up a polygon and having to kill an image. (It ran out of memory in a graceless way). I tried to retrieve the recent work in the changes file.

FileList>Select .changesfile>Recent Changes caused the image to hang. Hang in the sense of locking up while going for 90-98% CPU usage.

I tried this both from the damaged image and from a fresh 8270 image. Got the hang both ways. So I suspect there is a bug or bunch of bugs involved.
I also tried to get recent changes from the fresh images changes file, in case the damaged image created a damaged changes file. This ALSO hung.

Furthur attempts to read the changes file in a text editor got the complaint that the encoding could not be determined so I have not been able to just load the file and extract the info that way.

Text editor is Ubuntu's.

I have not yet made a mantis report of this. I'm a little to mystified at the moment.

Anybody else run into this?

What not image means can read the changes file on Linux?

Help would be appreciated.