[squeak-dev] Re: generalizedYellowButtonMenu

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 05:32:01 UTC 2010

On Thursday 14 January 2010 03:32:02 am Chris Muller wrote:
> I want the *inner-most* MyMorph, aMyMorph(456), to be able to handle
> the yellow-button, even when I right-click within the bounds of
> aRectangleMorph(789).
Mouse events are delivered to a morph whose containsPoint: method returns
true. By default, a morph returns true if cursor position is within its
bounds. If you are dealing with special situations, create a class and
override this method to handle the special conditions.

Also see containsPoint:event:  and dispatchMouseDown:with: methods.

You could also have morphs delegate selected events to other morphs. See
on:send:to: for details.

HTH .. Subbu