[squeak-dev] Squeak have a roadmap?

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Jan 17 06:33:59 UTC 2010

On 1/17/10 12:05 AM, "Randal L. Schwartz" <merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote:

> We've considered a 3.11, but more likely, since 4.0 is right around the corner
> (we're in the final steps with SFC for joining), we'll probably release a 4.0
> that is basically 3.10.2 with a condensed sources file, and then aim for a 4.1
> release by rebasing all of the trunk on 4.0.  Obviously, an unstable 4.1
> would be silly, so at some point will have to have the usual feature-freeze,
> release candidates, and then finals.
>
> Optimistically, we can have 4.0 out within a month, and 4.1 maybe within a
> month or two after that.

We talk about 4.0 a lot, but if is only a clean license 3.10 with condensed
sources .....

What about the unload of all what could be unloaded?

After the Andreas mail I make a 3.11Unloaded , but no others mails about
unload and how to have a thing with less packages as main and all on top
from web.

What about many Sophie (now dead), Squeakland, Croquet/Cobalt , etc goodies
which could run easily on Squeak?

Maybe Apple made his long talked Tablet in days , where the modern
equivalent of Genie?

Edgar