[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak on Android

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Jan 18 10:54:52 UTC 2010

On 2010-01-17, at 10:18 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Performance on the Nexus One is about what one would expect: With roughly 1M sends/sec and 30M bytecodes/sec it's not exactly rocking but it's quite usable for most tasks on a mobile device. (Input is *terrible* though; Squeak's UI is not made for fat-fingered clicks like mine :-)

> PS. I don't recall micro benchmarks on the iPhone - John can you repost those to see how well the hardware stacks up?

A dull iPhone 2nd generation gives
21,548,821 bytecode/sec; and 564,465 sends/sec

a shinny newish iPhone 3G S gives:
42,xxxx,xxx bytescodes/sec; and 1,1xx,xxx sends/sec.

Also how many frames per second can it do?  higher performance turned on, oh say bouncing atoms up...

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882