[squeak-dev] Mac VM 5.4b1 ships

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Jan 21 08:26:35 UTC 2010

I've push the latest cocoa based 32/64bit  & 64/64bit macintel/powerpc VM   5.4b1

This includes the logic for the microsecond clock, to call the clock the change set is attached.

I've also built the 64/64bit VM for Intel that works with 64bit squeak images.

Look for the  folder experimental/64bits in the regular places found via http://smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html
or
ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com/experimental/64bit/
or
http://homepage.mac.com/johnmci/FileSharing.html  click to experimental,  64bits

In a sub folder the file names are:
Squeak 64-32 5.4b1.app.zip
or
Squeak 64-64 5.4b1.app.zip

This *beta* VM runs in 32 or 64 bit mode on macIntel, and 32bit mode on powerpc to support Squeak 32bit images.
Includes the freetype plugin, and requires  os-x 10.5 or higher.

The *beta* 64/64 VM runs only in 64 bit mode on macIntel to support Squeak 64bit images. It does not include FreeType at this time,
and it requires os-x 10.5 or higher.

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882