[squeak-dev] Re: [Cuis] Cuis

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 21 21:34:41 UTC 2010

> Josh Gargus wrote:
>> On Jan 21, 2010, at 12:21 PM, keith wrote:
>>> We set the goal "We don't want an image, we want a kernel, that
>>> you can build distributions from." So what do you and the board
>>> do? Yep the opposite! You build a monolithic image using a process
>>> that can only build a monolithic image.
>> Off the top of my head, what about the fact that Traits are now
>> unloadable/reloadable?

Very good. Is it the same simpler traits as pharo?

> As well as ReleaseBuilder, ScriptLoader, 311Deprecated,
> 39Deprecated, Universes, SMLoader, SMBase, Installer-Core,
> VersionNumberTests, VersionNumber, Services-Base, PreferenceBrowser,
> Nebraska, CollectionsTests, GraphicsTests, KernelTests,
> MorphicTests, MultilingualTests, NetworkTests, ToolsTests,
> TraitsTests, XML-Parser, Traits, SystemChangeNotification-Tests,
> FlexibleVocabularies, EToys, Protocols, Tests, SUnitGUI.

We reorganised all the test classes to be more logically organised,
next to the package they are testing, while at the same time being
unloadable and loadable. However the reorganisation required a
different PackageInfo which you cant load using your process. Also
MC1.5 has its tests in a separate package.

We made Nebraska unloadable, and put the loadable package in Sake/
Packages, because the process for making things unloadable was to load
an unloadable version of Nebraska, over the top of the original.

You haven't actually really done anything then on this topic then.

Keith