[squeak-dev] Re: [Cuis] Cuis

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 07:22:49 UTC 2010

Hi Miguel,

2010/1/22 Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez <miguel.coba at gmail.com>:
>> isn't that definition of "community" a bit narrow?
>
> Well the trunk was create to allow the community to easily and readily
> to contribute to the code in squeak isn't?

right. I wouldn't go as far as to narrow down the idea of community to
just the people that commit much in terms of code. There are other
kinds of contributions, and other ways to contribute. I also think
that people who just use the trunk image for development belong to the
community.

There's the core developers, and there's the community; those who
shape the ecosystem, and those who inhabit it.

> But whatever, my point is that 4 people account for 80% of the changes
> made to the trunk image since it was born.

That is a correct observation, but again you're only measuring
contributions that were made in terms of committing to the source code
repository.

BTW I don't know how those numbers look in other, comparable, OSS
communities. Could it be the same?

Best,

Michael