[squeak-dev] Re: [Cuis] Cuis

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 07:48:48 UTC 2010

2010/1/22 Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>:
> Michael Haupt wrote:
>>
>> BTW I don't know how those numbers look in other, comparable, OSS
>> communities. Could it be the same?
>
> Easy to find out. Using the "80% rule" (i.e., how many contributors make up
> at least 80% of the commits) we end up with:
>
> - http://source.squeak.org/39a: 2 contributors (sd, md)
> - http://source.squeak.org/310: 1 contributor (edc)
> - http://squeaksource.com/Pharo: 2 contributors (sd, md)
> - http://squeaksource.com/Seaside30: 3 contributors (lr, jf, pmm)
>
> Cheers,
>  - Andreas

Even the number of methods changed is an unfair measurement.
Each change does not have the same value.
The number of features added or improved counts more than the number
of methods changed to achieve this goal.
Personnaly, I would count number of methods removed or made
unloadable/reloadable.
Maybe a single change makes 100 methods unloadable.

Nicolas