[squeak-dev] [Cuis] Cuis

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jan 22 12:25:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 01:12:34AM +0000, keith wrote:

> The same goes for bug fixes. Previously we had 100 fixes ready to load
> into 3.10 from mantis, all documented, and supplied in their natural
> form "changesets".

This is a misconception that really does deserve comment. Those "fixes
ready to load" contained errors, pointed to incomplete and obsolete
versions of patches, and could not possibly have functioned properly
had they been loaded into multiple flavors of the image. The assertion
that this strategy was going to work is complete utter nonsense, as
is the claim that the project was "almost done".

Regardless of any real or perceived injustices, the plain simple fact
is that the emperor had no clothes.

Dave