Development as gardening Was Re: [squeak-dev] [Cuis] Cuis

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 15:02:50 UTC 2010

John said:

> I care about ideals.

I care about ideals too.

My company and my clients would definitely benefit if I was able to
use a position on the board of a major oss project to promote my own
requirements for a development environment, and to recruit free
workers and testers for my development tools, according to my
specifications.

So, I will not run for the board, because that would be an abuse of
what the board is intended to be.

The board is there as a benevolent force to oil the workings of the
oss community, through liason, motivation, moral support (approving
proposals), technical support (webservers), financial and legal
support for that community.

Our board doesn't even have a vision statement, let along a code of
conduct, equal opportunities policy etc.

Keith