[squeak-dev] [Cuis] Cuis

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Jan 22 17:06:42 UTC 2010

keith wrote:

> I thought you would approve on the basis that System has a lot of
> optional stuff. If we had a package management system (I have
> christened it Simplercello in anticipation) then tools such as the
> Transcript, Workspace etc, would be candidates for management in an
> external package.

I don't see an advantage in having Transcript and Workspace as external
packages. So I ask again: What would be the benefit of splitting the
base system that way? How long would it take to have a usable system again?

> My first project is to implement the "multiple update streams" concept
> envisaged by gorans DeltaStreams initiative. This will be released as
> a standalone class SystemUpdates, in the category/package
> System-Updates , and it is intended to complement the use of the bzr
> repository as a basis for sharing work.
>
> Keith

Sounds interesting. But please note that I'm not ready to leave the
building of the Cuis release to an automated tool. And I'm also not
willing to leave the model where I can check for quality any code to be
included for one where there is no central (human) control.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich