[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Graphics-ar.101.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sat Jan 23 22:47:40 UTC 2010

Andreas Raab uploaded a new version of Graphics to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Graphics-ar.101.mcz

Name: Graphics-ar.101
Author: ar
Time: 23 January 2010, 2:46:39.342 pm
UUID: eabefc92-902b-6848-86e8-746360d5e4c8
Ancestors: Graphics-nice.100, Graphics-nice.96

Merging Graphics-nice.96:

Experimental: let a Rectangle merge in place (I called this swallow:)
This has two advantages:
- avoid repeated Object creation when we just want the gross result
- avoid closures writing to outer temps

IMHO, generalizing this kind of policy could have a measurable impact on GUI speed.
However, this is against current policy to never change a Point nor rectangle in place, so I let gurus judge if worth or not.

=============== Diff against Graphics-nice.100 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Rectangle>>swallow: (in category 'rectangle functions') -----
+ swallow: aRectangle
+ 	"Modify the receiver so that it contains aRectangle."
+
+ 	origin := origin min: aRectangle origin.
+ 	corner := corner max: aRectangle corner!