[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sat Jan 23 23:55:15 UTC 2010

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-January/002476.html

Name: Kernel-dtl.381
Ancestors: Kernel-nice.380

Use probabilistic algorithm (Knuth) for testing primality of large integers, and add method comments for explanation.

Rationale for use of probabilistic algorithm provided by Enrico Spinielli:
  http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-December/142372.html

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-January/002477.html

Name: Kernel-ar.381
Ancestors: Kernel-nice.380, Kernel-Igor.Stasenko.377

Merging Kernel-Igor.Stasenko.377:

- Date class>>#readFrom:pattern:

(cross-fork compatibility)

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-January/002478.html

Name: ToolBuilder-Kernel-mtf.30
Ancestors: ToolBuilder-Kernel-jrd.29, ToolBuilder-Kernel-ar.25

Merged in Cobalt branch of ToolBuilder. This includes the addition of a few properties, and moving the help ivar all the way to the top of the spec heirarchy, since so many subclasses used it

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-January/002479.html

Name: Morphic-ar.310
Ancestors: Morphic-ar.309

Preps for merging Cobalt's ToolBuilder-Morphic changes:
Extend UserDialogBoxMorph with confirm:trueChoice:falseChoice: and fix a small but relevant buglet in flushing a PLMs list when an unchanged getListElementSelector is installed.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-January/002480.html

Name: ToolBuilder-Morphic-ar.49
Ancestors: ToolBuilder-Morphic-Igor.Stasenko.48, ToolBuilder-Morphic-mtf.46

Merging ToolBuilder-Morphic-mtf.46:

Merged in the Cobalt version of ToolBuilder. Just makes use of the new properties and the fact that any widget can now have help texs

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-January/002481.html

Name: Graphics-ar.101
Ancestors: Graphics-nice.100, Graphics-nice.96

Merging Graphics-nice.96:

Experimental: let a Rectangle merge in place (I called this swallow:)
This has two advantages:
- avoid repeated Object creation when we just want the gross result
- avoid closures writing to outer temps

IMHO, generalizing this kind of policy could have a measurable impact on GUI speed.
However, this is against current policy to never change a Point nor rectangle in place, so I let gurus judge if worth or not.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-January/002482.html

Name: Morphic-ar.311
Ancestors: Morphic-ar.310, Morphic-nice.277

Merging Morphic-nice.277:

Experimental: let a Rectangle merge in place (I called this swallow:)
This has two advantages:
- avoid repeated Object creation when we just want the gross result
- avoid closures writing to outer temps

IMHO, generalizing this kind of policy could have a measurable impact on GUI speed.
However, this is against current policy to never change a Point nor rectangle in place, so I let gurus judge if worth or not.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-January/002483.html

Name: MorphicExtras-ar.72
Ancestors: MorphicExtras-dtl.71, MorphicExtras-nice.65

Merging MorphicExtras-nice.65:

Experimental: let a Rectangle merge in place (I called this swallow:)
This has two advantages:
- avoid repeated Object creation when we just want the gross result
- avoid closures writing to outer temps

IMHO, generalizing this kind of policy could have a measurable impact on GUI speed.
However, this is against current policy to never change a Point nor rectangle in place, so I let gurus judge if worth or not.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-January/002484.html

Name: ST80-ar.86
Ancestors: ST80-ar.85, ST80-nice.80

Merging ST80-nice.80:

Experimental: let a Rectangle merge in place (I called this swallow:)
This has two advantages:
- avoid repeated Object creation when we just want the gross result
- avoid closures writing to outer temps

IMHO, generalizing this kind of policy could have a measurable impact on GUI speed.
However, this is against current policy to never change a Point nor rectangle in place, so I let gurus judge if worth or not.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-January/002485.html

Name: System-ar.238
Ancestors: System-nice.237

Provide a script via Smalltalk unloadAllKnownPackages that can be used to unload all packages that we know how to un- and reload.