Squeak core dev is now like every other open source project! (was Re: [squeak-dev] [Cuis] Cuis)

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 24 15:28:42 UTC 2010

> If you are a *developer* of Squeak itself, follow trunk, propose
> changes to Inbox, and perhaps become a committer to trunk yourself
> after enough good patches.
>
> THIS IS THE SAME MODEL AS EVERY OTHER SUCCESSFUL OPEN SOURCE PROJECT.

Do you recall that in the last 10 years there was discovered such a
thing as Extreme Programming. This is a different model to what you
are using.

> Keith continues to make it into something it isn't.  We're doing
> *what works*.

May I point out again that it doesn't work for me. My patches to trunk
would be fixes for Monticello. These fixes would break trunk,
therefore it doesn't work as you suppose.

Keith