Revived from the dead [Re: [squeak-dev] [Cuis] Cuis]

keith keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 24 19:02:16 UTC 2010

> Sure.
> Continuous integration is not that easy.
> However, I would try to make new developments in the bleeding edge
> version for these reasons:
> - react early to uncompatible changes
> - propose hooks to reduce the level of kernel patching
> You can't control everything but it's better to keep an eye opened
> rather than discovering unwanted changes lately.
> And it's even better if you can bend some developments toward your own
> direction.
>
> Nicolas

I totally agree. It is much better to not get left behind too much.

However the bending bit, you suggest is virtually impossible in this
gang, that is why LPF exists, because any fix you suggest to the
image, you will have to wait 2 years for integration into a release.
That is also why Sake/Packages exists so you can patch other people's
stuff a bit.

Keith