[squeak-dev] Integer>>isPrime why reverting Knuth's algorithm P (probabilistic primality test) with iteration over division with even numbers?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Jan 25 11:52:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 12:31:04PM +0100, Enrico Spinielli wrote:
> Nicolas,
> yes, if I compare with the Trunk I only get my changes,
> but if I continue with step 5) I will end up with a saved version for the
> Trunk, not the Inbox, won't I?
> (and be blocked [correctly] because I have no write access)

This tells you that your image, relative to Trunk, has just the changes
you made (which is good). Your image, relative to whatever is in the
inbox, has lots of changes. That is OK, because the inbox probably
just has some older save from someone else.

You can point to back to Inbox again and save your changes, and all
will be well.

One more tip: If you are not confident that this is going to work right,
you can do the save with a local repository on your own hard drive,
such as the package-cache. Then you can use the Monticello browser to
copy your new version from your local repository to the Inbox repository.
But don't worry too much about it, nothing that you save to the inbox
is going to do any harm.

Dave