[squeak-dev] Code Formatting

Mike Hales mike.hales at kscape.com
Wed Jan 27 22:46:51 UTC 2010

I'm cross posting this because my question is both about Squeak Trunk and
Pharo. Feel free to respond only in your respective lists if you want. I'm
running on Snow Leopard.  I'm getting a package ready that I want to
publish, and I wanted to test it on both on Pharo and Squeak Trunk, and both
are bothering me a little.

Squeak - I'm using the latest pre-built trunk image, updated with the update
button. The command-r (pretty print) shortcut only seems to work if the
selectors list has the mouse focus, not the code pane. Then after pretty
printing, to save the source, I have to move the mouse focus back to the
code pane, where command-s will save the change. If I have to move the mouse
around what good is the shortcut?

Pharo - I using the latest Pharo 1.0 release candidate (dev not core) It
seems like the coloring, and automatic completion work right out of the box,
but when I choose "format" from the code pane context menu, nothing happens.
Do I need to load something else? Also, if it were to work, what would I
have to do to get a keyboard shortcut for it.

Since so many of you write so much more code than me, I imagine that there
are simple solutions. And while we're here, I wouldn't mind some suggestions
regarding how to "pimp my image" so to speak, to make the development flow
better.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Hales