[squeak-dev] I will not be running for the SOB and we need a new Box-Admins team leader

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jan 29 06:35:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:56:53PM -0600, Ken Causey wrote:
> After giving the matter some thought I have decided that I will not be
> running for the Squeak Oversight Board again this year.  I need to spend
> more time developing my business.  Anyone who is at all interested in
> running for the Oversight Board this year should start soon as the
> election is only about a month away.
>
> Also, I've decided that it's time to pass the Box-Admins team leader
> reins on to someone else.  I took over from Cees de Groot sometime in
> 2005 and overall I've enjoyed the job.  But as mentioned above I need to
> reclaim some time and this task could use some new blood.

Ken, you have done an absolutely outstanding job with Box-Admins and
we all owe you a great thank you. Well done and thank you for all that
you have done.

Anyone who has ever had anything to do with computer operations knows
the value of a report that starts with "nothing much happened last
month", so I always get a smile from one of your Box-Admins reports
that starts out like a Garrison Keillor "well, it's been a quiet week
in Lake Wobegon..." :)

Dave