[squeak-dev] Monticello HTTPS

Ole Voß smalltalk at netrogue.de
Sat Jan 30 09:25:06 UTC 2010

Hello everybody,

I'm a Perl programmer by trade and have been looking into Smalltalk during my spare time. At work we use svn as our code repository with all the transactions encrypted via HTTPS. Currently I cannot find anything on how to do secure SCM via HTTPS (or SFTP or something similar) using Monticello. Am I just plain blind or is that indeed not an option?

I'm curious as to how a company would protect it's source using Smalltalk when the developers are not all set up to dial in via e.g. VPN. Maybe somebody could give me a hint as to how a company would realize a secure distributed development repository? Or is Monticello not the right choice in this case?

Many regards,

Ole.