[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sat Jul 3 23:55:02 UTC 2010

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-July/003511.html

Name: System-cmm.347
Ancestors: System-ul.346

Fixed ability to revert a method.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-July/003512.html

Name: Morphic-cmm.452
Ancestors: Morphic-eem.451

Removed Command+, command-key from enclosing in <>'s for the following reasons:

	1) It is already correctly handled by Control+[comma].  There is little or no need for this enclosing character to exist at all in SmalltalkEditor, in particular because Squeak has Seaside which eliminates the need to type a lot of HTML enclosing brackets.  But to _overload_ this command with two separate hot-key combinations is insane.
	2) Control+[surround key] is universally consistent for the shifted enclosing characters, e.g., $(, ${.  $< should follow suit.  $[, on the other hand, is not shifted on the keyboard, and therefore uses the standard Command key, not Control.
	3) It's a pain in the ass.  I'm finally fed up because, every day, I am accidently hitting the , (comma) key when I mean to only hit the Command key to browse senders, or "do it" or save a method.

Unnecessary, inconsistent, overloaded, and painful.  Whew!  Goodbye and good riddance.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-July/003513.html

Name: System-eem.348
Ancestors: System-cmm.347

Flush the class name cache when removing keys from
Smalltalk globals

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-July/003514.html

Name: Tools-eem.251
Ancestors: Tools-eem.250

Fix MessageNames for references to non-selectors.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-July/003515.html

Name: GraphicsTests-wiz.25
Ancestors: GraphicsTests-nice.24

>From mantis #6596 this changeset and the patches to make the test work were marked as having been put into updates for 3.10 by Edgar. Apparently the historic record got lost as others took over. Resubmitted here.

"Change Set:		morePointTests-wiz
Date:			6 August 2007

Point tests for repairs and enhancements to Point

normal -- now has a default for the zero point.

sign -- extended to include point

rightRotated
leftRotated  -- basic shortcuts added to point

fourDirections -- easy way to get a square shape from a point."

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-July/003516.html

Name: Graphics-wiz.141
Ancestors: Graphics-nice.140

>From Mantis #6596. Marked as added to 3.10 by Edgar. Apparently lost in history when others took over. Resubmitted here.

"Change Set:		PointEnh1-wiz
Date:			6 August 2007

wiz 8/6/2007 21:52

Enhancements to point needed to run morePointTests-wiz

Repairs and enhancements to Point

normal -- now has a default for the zero point.

sign -- extended to include point

rightRotated
leftRotated  -- basic shortcuts added to point

fourDirections -- easy way to get a square shape from a point."

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-July/003517.html

Name: Morphic-cmm.453
Ancestors: Morphic-cmm.452

Added "Auto Enclose" preference.  When true, typing an opening parenthesis, bracket or square-bracket will also add its corresponding closing character in front of the cursor.