[squeak-dev] Cryptography in the main image and Plugins build for the VMs

Rob Withers reefedjib at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 09:07:29 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I would like to propose that Cryptography be included as part of the image,
by default.  As it stands now it is in the Cryptography repository, which
most don't seem to know about or there are one-off copies that are developed
separately.  David Shaffer has been stewarding a reintegration of these
forks and ensuring the tests pass.  Everyone should be able to take
advantage of the algorithms provided by the Cryptography package.

Along the same lines, it would be a great help for the vm providers to
include the CryptographyPlugins when they build a new vm.  I believe there
are 3 plugins and they really ought to be build internally, since they are
unchanging.

I would like to hear what others think of the possibility of making this
change.

Thank you,
Rob