[squeak-dev] OPLC rollout in Uruguay reported by CBC Radio

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Thu Jul 8 21:09:05 UTC 2010

Here's an interesting audio report on OLPC (it's the first story, and
runs about 15 min).

http://www.cbc.ca/dispatches/2010season/2010/07/08/july-8-11---from-washington-sierras-de-rocha-uruguay---yankassa-sierra-leone---montreal---kabul/
http://podcast.cbc.ca/mp3/dispatches_20100708_34312.mp3

The reporter talks to teachers, educators, students and others about the
laptop and its impact so far - father checks produce prices, mother
looks up textile patterns, children stay after to school to take
advantage of WiFi.

I think I hear the text-to-speech program from Squeak, converting
Spanish text to audio. And, there's the piano keyboard from Squeak too.
Since there's no video, I don't know for sure whether it's Squeak.