[squeak-dev] Re: Nuking OldSocket, OldSimpleClientSocket and HTTPSocket

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Jul 10 21:20:25 UTC 2010

On 6/18/2010 12:47 AM, Andreas Raab wrote:
> I'm also starting to wonder if one couldn't retain an *extremely* simple
> HTTPSocket implementation that doesn't deal with anything complicated
> (i.e., no proxy support, no redirect, no auth, just the simplest
> possible case) and have a more fully fledged client handle the more
> complicated uses. (the idea is mainly to keep MC working for the
> bootstrap cases where you can assume a simplified environment)

All right, the deed is done :-) The commit message didn't show since
it's been too big but you can find it here:

	http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2010-July/003526.html

In addition the latest version of WebClient now registers itself with
HTTPSocket so that if you load WebClient it will provide the
implementation for HTTPSocket requests.

Please note that there's potential for breakage since the rewrite was
quite significant. If you notice anything that's broken please report
the issues here.

Cheers,
   - Andreas