[squeak-dev] Re: Nuking OldSocket, OldSimpleClientSocket and HTTPSocket

Enrico Spinielli enrico.spinielli at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 12 07:03:41 UTC 2010

Hi,
now that I try to update to trunk (from behind an authentication proxy)
after a short while I get a debug window with

Error: Could not access http://spurce.squeak.org/trunk

The problem seems to originate in MCHttpRepository>>allFileNames
where the call to HTTPSocket httpGet:args:user:passwd:
does not succeed.

I retried my initialization for web

HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: 'xyz.zy.yz.zyx' port: xyzy proxyUser: 'xxx'
password: 'yyyyyyy'.
HTTPSocket httpShowGif: 'http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif'.

but it now fails.

Do I have to download .mcz manually from squeak source? Any hints?

Thanks in advance
Bye
Enrico
PS: I was/am at update 10282

--
Enrico Spinielli
"Do Androids dream of electric sheep?"— Philip K. Dick