[squeak-dev] Re: About Configurations

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 16:56:28 UTC 2010

On 7/16/10, Chris Cunnington <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes. I'm for the GUI mockup I created (based on TestRunner) and not for the
> gui mockup Andreas created (based on SqueakMap). The details are in those
> posts. I'm just not sure what problem we're trying to solve. I think it'd be
> exciting to use configurations to shrink the image to 5 megs. But I'm not
> the community, so the more opinions we get from people, the better.
>
> Chris

Chris

Could you elaborate a bit more what you mean in your proposal**?

1) What is in the list on the left hand side? (BuildConfig1). Is that
a kind of configurations of configurations? If yes how are they
defined?

2) What are the three panes on the right hand side meant for?

The problem we are trying to solve is to find an agreement how a GUI
which loads MetaCello configurations and probably SAR packages (see
other thread) is going to look like.
This is illustrated by working code.

--Hannes

** The code is in the inbox under the category 'ConfigBrowser2'.