[squeak-dev] Fwd: RE: Where is Seaside download???

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Wed Jul 21 06:11:43 UTC 2010

Hi,

I would like to have that a tiny bit more concise:

Am 2010-07-21 um 07:47 schrieb Nikolay Suslov:

> Hello,
>
> This should work for loading Seaside3 | Magritte2 | Pier2 into Squeak 4.1 image.
> In Workspace:
>
> "1. Load Metacello"
>
> (Installer repository:   'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository')
>         install: 'ConfigurationOfMetacello'.
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMetacello) perform: #loadLatestVersion.

Metacello is kept recent by any of the following loads, thus, not needed
explicitely.

> "2. Load Seaside3"
>
> (Installer repository:
>     'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository')
>         install: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30'.
>  (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) perform: #load.

Installer squeaksource
	poroject: 'MetacelloRepository';
	install: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30'.

Thus, this is not having to put in an URL.
Don't know, but it feels more smalltalkish to me.

> "3. Load Magritte2"
>
> (Installer repository:
>     'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository')
>         install: 'ConfigurationOfMagritte2'.
>  (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMagritte2) perform: #load.

idem.

> "4. Load Pier2"
>
> (Installer repository:
>     'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository')
>         install: 'ConfigurationOfPier2'.
>  (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPier2) perform: #load.

idem.

so long,
	-Tobias