[squeak-dev] Re: Fwd: RE: Where is Seaside download???

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Wed Jul 21 21:57:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Chris Cunnington wrote:

> Well, I was thinking of having the Comanche adaptor be visible when the
> Seaside Control Panel was opened. But the idea you just had of having a
> server adaptor already running when they open the image is probably the
> best. Then we could just tell them to go to http://localhost:8080. Easy as
> pie.

Yes, a WAComancheAdaptor running on 8080 with UTF-8 encoding is a good
idea. I think the Seaside Control Panel could be open, and the default
browser could be Browser instead of PackagePaneBrowser. Also [Smalltalk
cleanUp: false] can make the image a bit smaller. And we could reuse the
contents of the welcome workspace from the official Seaside 3.0 image:

"
Welcome to Seaside 3.0rc.

Seaside is already running on port 8080. To get started, simply use your
browser to open http://localhost:8080/ and take a look at the examples and
documentation listed there.

You can start and stop the server (and change the port) using the new
Seaside Control Panel, which is open in the bottom left corner.
"

Levente