[squeak-dev] DESPlugin is broken

Rob Withers reefedjib at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 05:13:12 UTC 2010

Hans-Martin Mosner, if you have your ears on, I could use some help figuring
out the algorithm.  Anyone else for that matter.

Here is the spec:
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips46-3/fips46-3.pdf

The key is cooked for encryption or decryption
The data block is submitted for encryption (or decryption, depending on the
cooked key)
    - first the data block is permuted using the Initial Permutation
    - result of the permutation step is encrypted using the cooked key
    - result of the encryption step is permuted using the inverse of the
Initial Permutation

I do not know if the problem is with the key cooking or the encryption
transformation.

Thanks for any help!

Rob