[squeak-dev] Re: Bootstrap logic in recent Tweak-Core (?)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Jul 28 16:25:12 UTC 2010

(2nd try with smaller attachment)

On 7/28/2010 2:53 AM, Nikolay Suslov wrote:
> I have prepared an image to try (based on updated Squeak4.2-10160-alpha):
> http://www.krestianstvo.ru/sdk/Croquet-Squeak4.1-image.zip
> and "image with all needed content":
> http://www.krestianstvo.ru/sdk/CroquetSDK-1.0.18-Squeak4.1.zip
>
> To run into the error, you should uncomment "self runTweakCycle, in
> #step (CroquetParticipantWithMenu).

Ah, thank you so much! This was just what I need to find this particular
bug. It turns out that the bootstrap was indeed badly broken due to a
change in the way events are handled. The fix is trivial and not only
addresses your problem but also makes the long standing test errors in
TweakToolBuildTests go away!

The fix is in the TweakCore repository and can be installed via:

(Installer ss project: 'TweakCore') install: 'Scripting'.

(hm ... someone should a #merge: option for Installer)

> I know that Matthew is using the new Tweak logic for getting Open Cobalt
> to work, but the idea is to have an old bootstrap code also working, as
> it should be and have a backward compatibility.
>
> Is it possible to achieve?

Looking good right now. After installing the above and fixing a
non-boolean in CDefaultWidgetLibrary by executing:

	CDefaultWidgetLibrary classPool at: #ImparaColors put: false.

(I'll fix that in the repository tonight) and uncommenting the code in
#step I was able to run a SimpleDemoMaster just fine (see screenshot).

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
    - Andreas