[squeak-dev] Image Management

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 20:30:56 UTC 2010

Hey all,

I have a giant pile of images from the last two years. Many of them have
experiments I'd rather not lose, but I tend to meander in a Squeak image,
and forget to name the image files well, so I basically have a lot of images
that might have interesting changes, and no easy way to figure out which
ones I want to keep around, or extract things from.

I've gone through most of them manually. I'd like to be able to search an
image for changes that have my initials attached to them, though, because
poking around in a change sorter is perilous when there've been changes from
the trunk (it's noisy.) I don't know enough about how/where changes are kept
in the system to do that though.

Any help would be much appreciated! I'd love it if I could inspect something
in particular and find the data structure that my changes live in.

--
Casey Ransberger