[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Maui 1.2 release 1

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 16:10:30 UTC 2010

Hi, thanks for the feedback.  MauiPage is, indeed, one of Maui's cool
features due to its easy-integration of any domain object as a
"character" in the text.

> I adapted MauiTextEditor to be a subclass of TextMorph for one of my own
> projects.  It seems like this should be common enough to go into the Squeak
> image, no?  I was thinking maybe put the "growable" code in a trait, so that
> TextMorph, PluggableTextMorph, etc. could use it.  I tried to clean up
> TextMorph directly, as your resizing seems like a much more rational default
> than Squeak's vertical growth, but I was overwhelmed by the complexity.
>
> Anyway, what do you think?

If you just want the auto-sizing property of a MauiPage to be beholden
to a standard PluggableTextMorph, try this:

(MauiTextEditor
			on: nil
			text: nil
			accept: nil)
			extent: World extent // 4 ;
			autoExtent: true

Sorry about the yucky API, this could be easily facaded I'm sure..

 - Chris